he Laboratory of Microbiology and Serology (LMS) has the task of carrying out the necessary microbiological tests to ensure good manufacturing practices (GMP) for biological and pharmacological products, during their manufacture and as a finished product. It also carries out serological monitoring as part of the evaluation of our biological products, guaranteeing the protection offered to the poultry community.
As part of the quality control, the LMS is in charge of maintaining the matrix strains of the different bacteria used for the elaboration of commercial bacterins, such as: Salmonella 9R, Pasteurella multocida, Escherichia coli and Avibacterium paragallinarum (Serotypes A, B and C).
Likewise, the LMS has initiated a line of research in the development of new ELISA kits for the diagnosis of avian pathogens, through the use of recombinant proteins, which allow the detection of antibodies in a more sensitive and specific way.
Microbiological tests for the poultry and pig industry:
• Isolation and identification of bacteria.
• In vitro antimicrobial susceptibility testing.
• Microbiological analysis of inputs, food and water.
• Preparation of sensitivity discs.
• Chicken embryo vaccine titration.
• Avian virus isolation and identification.
Serological tests for avian pathogens:
• Plate agglutination.
• Hemagglutination (HA) for NDV and EDS virus titration.
• Haemagglutination inhibition (HI)
Agar gel immunodiffusion: