The Laboratory of Cellular and Molecular Immunology (LICM) is part of the FARVET research area. By using state-of-the-art tools and techniques such as Flow Cytometry. LICM is oriented towards research in veterinary immunology, with special emphasis on birds and pigs. Our objective is to study the immunological mechanisms that induce protection against various pathogens and thus collaborate in the development of new vaccines that increase productivity in the agricultural sector.
- Quantification of T-lymphocyte (CD4+/CD8+) and B-lymphocyte levels in lymphoid organs and/or peripheral blood of chickens by flow cytometry.
- Quantification of T-lymphocyte (CD4+/CD8+) and B-lymphocyte levels in peripheral blood of pigs by flow cytometry
- In vitro evaluation of antigen-specific T-lymphocyte proliferation (CD4+/CD8+) of chickens and pigs by flow cytometry.
- Quantification of gamma-interferon-secreting lymphocytes in chickens and pigs by ELISPOT
- Detection and quantification of cell cycle phases in animal cell lines by flow cytometry
- Detection and quantification of apoptosis in animal cell lines by flow cytometry
We evaluate new vaccines to increase the productivity of the agricultural sector.