Adequate biosecurity facilities and state-of-the-art research equipment
The Cell Culture and Virology Laboratory (LCCV) is an integral part of the FARVET biological research and production area. It has adequate biosecurity facilities and state-of-the-art equipment for the research of different cell lines and viral agents of veterinary and human importance.
For the production of biologicals, it has large-scale production equipment such as rollers, cellSTACK, microcarriers and bioreactors. In addition, research is carried out for the development of new biological products, for which we have a highly trained staff.
• Development of veterinary biological products through the research of vaccine viruses propagated in cell cultures
• Chicken embryo fibroblast (CEF) extraction from specific pathogen free (SPF) chickens.
• Viral Quantification per Infective Dose 50% in Cell Cultures (TCID50)
• Viral quantification by plate assays.
• Large scale cell line production using cell culture platforms in adherence (cellSTACKs and roller) and/or suspension (microcarriers and bioreactors).